Furthermore, as for me, far be it from me that I would sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you; but I will instruct you in the good and right way.
-1 Samuel. 12:23
THIS MONTH’S COUNTRY TO PRAY FOR: Cuba
There are about 7 million Christians in Cuba, more than half of the population! Yet, the church is suppressed in Cuba. Persecution is growing.
Since 1959, Cuba has been controlled by the Communist Party. The Communists react harshly against opposition voices of demonstrators, and Christian activists who criticize the regime:
- Face Arrest
- Closure of their churches or businesses
- Prison sentences
- Harassment by the government and its sympathizers
New church groups are often denied registration Communists want to control and limit the church’s influence—forcing many churches to operate illegally. Penalties include the complete refusal to issue licenses, heavy fines, confiscation of property, or even the demolition or closure of churches, including house churches. In addition, the Communists controlled the media and restricted access to the outside world, making it difficult for Christians to communicate widely in the country.
PRAYER REQUESTS FROM OUR LISTENERS
- Maroun Mounayar. (persecuted)
- More workers for the gospel
- Minda Smith- fell broken arm is healing.
- Frank is rejoicing in answered prayer.
- Our elderly mother fell.
- For those impacted by Hurricane Idalia.
- Jim asks for prayers for mission work in Russia.
- We want to pray for you; submit your prayer needs!
- First responders around the world.
- Roy Wheeler- health
- Ed is having surgery on his eyes
- Faith lost her Uncle
- Please send your, and we will add it!
- Ray Kisner- cancer (second request)
- Trent Lewis needs encouragement. (continued need).
- For those victims of domestic violence
- Victims of war